Thursday, September 18, 2008

Well

I've got a lot to think about. Or, that is to say, there is just a lot on my mind these days. It is very refreshing to have the time to do some thinking, but honestly I feel that the subject of all my thoughts lately has been my own life. Fortunately God has graced me to remain considerate of others and aware of what's going on around me, but still I feel as though lately I've been too hung-up on thoughts about me. And these thoughts always focus around the same topic: what am I supposed to do with my life? Already this post has had 12 references to either me, myself, or I (15, now) and I(16!) can't help but feel guilty for that, somewhat selfish perhaps.
But still, I want so badly to know.
I want to know how best to serve God with this life He has given me. I want to have figured this out so that I can stop thinking about myself and the specifics about my life so that I can focus my thoughts on others first, and serving them the way He wants.

But then again, maybe those are the specifics.

Maybe the thing to do is to stop working on coming up with an efficient little plan for what to study and when to go where (it obviously has not proven helpful so far, besides to finally come to this conclusion)
and start finding peace in serving Him regardless of a plan.

This is where God has me right now.
The very best I can do is continue to pray about all this and trust that He's working on His own arrangements, and will clue me in here and there when the time is right.

Glad to have figured that out!

Gloria y gracias a Dios.

- Ashley :)

No comments: