Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Live, Dream, Hope, Trust, Plant Vegetables

In a recent [December 16th] entry I expressed my fairly newfound intrigue by and appreciation for agriculture, along with the wistful hope of perhaps pursuing that interest further by giving myself some time away from school to learn in a different context, say perhaps through Echo (echo echo) or wwoof-ing for a bit. I also hoped that might include working with animals -- like goats! -- and even learning how to make cheese.

Since then I joined wwoof, ended up going to a conference where Echo was one of the sponsors(!)

... and got an internship!

While this internship is not based in Ft. Myers Florida (like Echo), or extending to the rest of the continental US [slash world] (like wwoof), it is no more than thirty minutes from home, full of learning opportunities, and plentiful in farm animals and organic produce to care for. It is a great place to start, and is a step I believe has wonderful potential to prepare me for Ft. Myers. (And maybe even the world!)

... and they are offering a cheese-making class this spring.

:)

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

Live, that you may dream,
Dream, that you may hope,
Hope, that you may trust,
Trust, that you may find life

2 comments:

Erin said...

That sounds amazing! Congratulations. :)

GoDioSmiles said...

Yes, I am excited and very fortunate! Thank you maam :]