Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hopes and Dreams

seem, at times, oddly hard to come by. Like now, for instance.

There are no definite plans for the part of my life that will take place after summer.

and I think I'm finally okay with that.

As long as I'm doing my part to take a keen, active [involved, not passive] awareness of those things toward which my eyes have been attracted or my heart has grown soft, life will happen as it needs to. It's hard not to be confident when I think about how God is using those efforts to guide these feet. Thanks for that.


Some things I do anticipate for my future:

- a garden, vibrant, brimming with life! and BIG so I can share / peddle my vegetables.
hopefully there will also be a raspberry patch around there somewhere

- an ultra-simple lifestyle, at least for a time. i'm talking no bedframe, matress on the floor,
limited decorations, no furniture
(okay maybe a couple pieces.)
I like my rooms accommodating, but empty enough that I'd feel comfortable to attempt a
handstand. I'd be ecstatic to be t.v. free,
but mom says I at least need basic cable, "you know, for news and stuff."
And I say okay
compromise:
tv somewhere but 4, 6 (,8) & 10 shall be its only friends. There will be trips to
the market as necessary to prepare my fresh, wholesome, not-processed, nutritionally-
excellent meals. Kitchen table optional. [At least for now.]
I'll reduce reuse and recycle like this planet's greatest reverse-bandit.
Yesterday's Silk carton is today's planter.
And so on, and so forth.
Excess Schmexcess.

As my mind and heart conspire so this list shall be inspired.

Toodles.

1 comment:

the jerk said...

You totally don't need cable! You can download TVU. It gives you streaming TV online, so it's free as long as you have the internet (naturally). I've "favorited" some News stations (World, US, and Financial), as well as a Creation Science station, so that's how I keep up with what's going on in the world.

I believe there are a couple (if not at least 1) of Food Network type of channels too :-)

And... Amen to your pursuit of the "simple life". In the house I used to live in (before I came to school), my bed was on the floor. Who needs a frame? It's only extra crap you've gotta put up with when you move!