Monday, July 28, 2008

"I'm actually dying for something to live for..."

This was spoken by a 23 year old oxycontin addict, who, despite multiple treatments, has failed to see any alternative.
No other option.
No better hope.

If there is anything I have learned about myself in the last year or so, it is that I hate what the devil is doing to destroy all the potential the Lord has made, the waste he is successfully making of beautiful lives.

I

hate

.pride.
.apathy.
.laziness.
.addiction.
.loneliness.
.selfishness.
.depression.
.hopelessness.
.self-destruction.

I hate what it does to people.

I hate the destruction it brings.

I hate when confusion, neglect, anger, hurt, pain and self-hatred drive people to all of the wrong solutions.

And the devil wins.

There's so much more, though. There is SO much more to life.
God, help us.

Help us to see
Help us to know
Help us to love others
to life
to truth
to you.

No comments: