Sunday, December 18, 2011

Weekend Highlights

Saturday

Woke up to overhear Dad recording Make You Feel My Love (3).mp3 early in the mornin.
Got ready later, and Dad suggested we go get lunch... nice surprise -- he brought me here!  Everything was really good, but the saag paneer was the best I've ever tasted.
We drove around downtown NM,
(and, consequently, the Motel and Octopus Carwash featured in Breaking Bad,) 
 


and then stopped at a nearby flea market.  They sold bags of sugar cane there!









We closed out the evening with a nice in-home viewing of the movie UP, and I got a chance to work on some Christmas cards.  So pleasant, and great quality time.

Sunday

Lunch and journal writing-Jane Austen break at Flying Star Cafe, followed by
catch-up Christmas shopping for Dad and Kathleen, which brought me to
-- maybe the greatest store in the world.  At the very least, it's the largest co-op in the nation.
I hadn't even heard of it before, but today I was on the hunt for Smart Wool socks and after striking out at the local sporting goods store, someone suggested I try them.  They had quite the intelligent stock!

After some successful shopping, I came home to make some chocolate cookies for Dad... early Christmas present -- usually they're sent in the mail and nowhere near as fresh, so this was a treat :).

Bed now so I can wake up early for my flight to Ohio!  Never been this excited about Columbus in my life... I think it has something to do with the people there.  Home again, home again :o).

No comments: