Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I've got the Portland pouts

Ahhh Pacific! Ahhh Washington! Ahh Oregon! Ah, Califoooooornia! Whyyyyyy
must we be sooo far apart?

Every time I rationalize, sell myself on some reason that it makes sense to be distanced,
"that's just the way it is" and whatnot
every time
I think I'm over you,
West coast,
and oooooh, you just come f l o o d i n g back to me !
in large, powerful ocean swells!
in subtly powerful pacific sunsets!
in reference after agonizingly delightful reference to your fantastically
herbivore-friendly
co-op position-hiring
bike-riding
Portland population!

I would drive to you in a second
but mom puts her foot down

not on the gas pedal though, of course.

Someday! someday. someday.
has become the all-too-familiar refrain
Wait till you're older.
You'll have a chance to do it someday.


Life is so short though, I want to say!
Why must I wait for someday
when i have today?!
This is perhaps the most opportune time of my life
I want to say.

But I'm twenty.
and I'm female.
and my mom is my insurance provider.
i don't mean for this to be a complaint,
i rather enjoy this awkward age
rather a lot!

but it doesn't provide for much leverage in the convincing of my madre of the legitimacy of my traveling endeavors.

that's all i'm sayin i guess.

Still, praise God, there is a confidence to be found in God's timing.
Consider me a very confident young lady.
(With God's help, of course :))
I can't wait to write to you about all my adventures :O), wherever

and whenever

they take place.

Love,
Ashley :)

No comments: