Thursday, May 1, 2008

Yesterday evening

was my first time ever visiting the Knoxville city co-op -- I absolutely cannot believe I have managed to wait so long before going there! It is a healthy foods treasure chest, a sort of vegan's paradise, if you will. And all with that Tennessee charm, no less.

I am thankful for its contributions to my most peculiar of mornings, that is

for supplying the tofurky sandwich (complete with veganaise and miso) that
waited patiently in the cooler until 7:18 am
at which point it accompanied the chilly early morning sit on the concrete overlook
and fueled a time of great reflection with equally as enjoyable company.

At times I am convinced that it is these peculiar moments that makes life so wonderful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fell in love with Three Rivers Market early my sophomore year when I stopped supporting Wal*mart. You should become an owner!

the jerk said...

Joe,
You stopped supporting wal-mart? You go there with me all the time! Remember, that was where you proved to me that I was gay...