Friday, July 3, 2009

Personal Discoveries

In my heart is gratitude for David and Bathsheba and Psalm 51 and a good, gracious God who works in and with and through us at our dirtiest to compose a heftier purity than ever imagined possible.

Think on these synonyms for renewal... rejuvenation, restoration, rebirth, awakening, revitalization... only He can do that!

"You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love." - Galatians 5:13

Very recently I discovered what I would like to study, to do, who I would like to be . . . and this discovery has progressed beyond the desire to grow in knowledge about counseling into a devotion to displaying to everyone with my words, my actions -- my life! -- God's goodness, and purity. His patience and forgiveness and kindness. The depths of His consideration for us! His LOVE!

More and more I am learning the importance of reading the Bible and savoring all it has to offer, in taste, texture, satiation. May it be increasingly more satisfying, more trying...more nutritive.

Beyond this, I am needy for the good company of other likeminded individuals. We may try to go about it alone, but are not made to.

May we grow and love and live completely this new life, so everyone might see how ineffably admirable God is.

"So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind."
Philippians 2:1-2

"The nights of crying your eyes out give way to laughter."
Psalm 30:5 (Message version)


Photo credit to Flickr's *MizzEl*

1 comment:

RUBY DIALECT said...

:) thankyou.
I like your revelations, and your encouragement