Saturday, August 16, 2008

Today / Mental Notes

I'm sending for the Visa. After working a couple days at the box factory, I have finally come up with enough dollars to go ahead and send it to be processed. Mental note: save the receipt.

Also, I need to begin to think about the lesson plans. They have suggested that I prepare a months' worth before I get there to make for a nice foundation to start from. Doing them here and knowing what to expect later on will, I suppose, help me understand more about the necessary resources, time, thought processes for composing a lesson. It may be that I won't need them, depending on the school's curriculum, but that's alright, it just means preparation for later!

For whatever reason, I have yet to talk to a couple of the strong mentors in my life about this development! I'll see Mr. Dale (the honey man) at the farmer's market this morning (I'm finally able to go! Plenty of time this Saturday) but I haven't even emailed Mr. Darden at the Tennessee CSF, or Senor Dungan from la escuela yet. I wonder why this has happened? It might also be good to get an email out to the Schlaegel side of the family, so they might know what's going on!

Also to do today: Give half price books a ring, see if they haven't got any Chinese/Mandarin-English dictionaries.

Stop at the bank, deposit check, switch some savings into checking.


It's odd to think I'll be leaving ten days from now. I'm definitely not ready yet.
But there is still time to prepare.
Trust God, Ash.
He's got the best in mind.

No comments: