Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Malibu

my goodness, simply beautiful!  I can't even begin to take a justifiable picture, so you'll just have to come see it for yourself.

Last night I met up with Ash and we got to visit an even-more-than-usually-popular Trader Joes where we purchased veg. taco essentials for dinner that night, as well as some lentils and quinoa for tonight.  It was also a fun surprise to find TJ's had really appealing sourdough baguettes for sale -- the thin, crusty-hard-chewy kind. 

Right now I'm enjoying a jasmine green tea at the Malibu Country Mart's Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, and a few (privileged?) folks on miniature horse carriages just passed by on the little road in-between the shoppes.  I don't quite get it, but it certainly elicited a smile or two from me and those around.  I wonder what people who live around places where those little burritos roam would think of people paying to do something like that.

There are a lot of very well-dressed people here and the shops and views are quite nice looking.  Something I've enjoyed is how at face people and things seem so unapproachable, but a simple smile goes a really long way.  I think there's something about not being so put-together that makes it easier to communicate with people.  For instance, I'm a little intimidated by the blondie beauties and their impeccable style, buuuuuuuut, on the other hand, feel better about my fly-away hairs and their reminder of ocean air and its pervasive effects on every part of everybody, and how, as a result, we all share that something.

Mas to come!  Santa Monica and Venice tonight after Ash is home from work.  Happy day,
Ashley :)

Ps, I know I said something about no pictures, but that's partly (more of a part) because I have not been able to focus on driving pch and take a good picture at the same time.  I also need to learn where to park for easy beach access.  In any case, it'll happen as it needs.  Should be an interesting day!

Much peace,
:)

No comments: