Sunday, May 6, 2012

Processing

takes me a while.  My best start is to consider the things I'm having a difficult time processing, I guess.
Like how my girls were in fact suspended for the remainder of the school year and now my car is packed and resting at a coffee shop parking lot somewhere in Phoenix, getting ready for LA tomorrow.  And how, two weeks ago and today I've gotten the chance to share quality time with two of my most missions-influential older friends from college; to see how God has been taking care of and blessing them as they continue to serve Him.  What a blessing, really!  And how I've just officially left Show Low and my first real group of friends as 'an adult,' and what fantastic people they are.  I can only pray God helps me be so much a blessing to them as they have to me these past few months.  Makes me excited for further community and getting together with old friends and meeting new friends, shaping each others' lives.
And how beautifully God provides, the tangible, fanciful, practical, wondrous ways he shows His love.  And how no matter how surprising the realities seem, no matter the apprehensions they incite, the truth, the reality is that God works everything out.  It's possible He has already worked everything out, and every day all that's left is to enjoy walking in it and praise Him for all the good and surprises He brings.  May I praise Him in awed love.
And how as I sit to think about all this, a little open-beaked blue-footed bird (not the kind you're thinking,) hops on down and comes across a sizable crumb.  Good to be reminded every day that You're providing for me, that I'm built to have to be reminded in order for my amnesic heart to warm up again, and that You're faithful to paint the most lovely and deeply satisfying reminders.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28

"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind;' and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"  Luke 10:27



No comments: